Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Lakeland? As a general rule, you should consider three primary areas of your property for video protection: your principal entryway, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. While your installation team is able to recommend where you should begin, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Safeguard Your Main Entrance
Even though it might seem absurd that a criminal would try to simply enter through the front door, 34% of intrusions happen at this passageway. You also have package thieves among other dangers to consider. Doorbell surveillance is able to handle these concerns with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is extra useful as you can converse with any visitors who approach and press the button. By using your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can answer each instance with 2-way talk and live feeds and look like you’re home. In the event a visitor does try to do something nefarious, you can have your video surveillance instantly capture footage and send it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Outdoor Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult undertaking. Thankfully, there are a handful of suggestions to greatly increase the likelihood that you’re defended properly.
- Corners of your Lakeland home provide a better field-of-view, seeing two segments of your property.
- Just below an overhang or directly into a bit of trim or siding are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat obscured by your home.
- Over your garage, because the garage door is an easier access point for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a back porch or sliding door -- or any doorway that can’t be seen from the road.
For each installation, make sure you trim away any brush and branches that could obscure your view.
Suggestions For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Cameras
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Lakeland. However, the added adaptability does mean there are other installation variables to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to be certain your windows are down and latched, the sunlight that enters via a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Point the lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Similar to a guard tower, a video camera installed in a higher spot will produce a wider field of vision. Consider putting your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system won’t be able to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Set your devices in locations where children or pets aren’t able to mess with them. You might consider mounting or other ways of securing them to ensure they won’t wobble if inadvertently knocked into.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The top security camera will fail to be of much use if you have a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, decor or foliage also have the ability to hide your recording devices. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Dial (863) 225-1652 or submit the form below to get started.