Security cameras can solely be placed as a deterrent—a sign that informs criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, modern security cameras arrive outfitted with an array of tools all designed to provide all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording options or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these tools empower you to utilize the most from security cameras in Lakeland.
How To Set Up Your Lakeland Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is installing your devices in the best places around your house. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in high traffic areas like the living room or den. It’s also a good move to have a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to enter through to reach the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear scene of your patio, driveway, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your main entryway with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas within your house that are less important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom may impact your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you want a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Video Surveillance
Device placement is only the beginning in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Lakeland. The features shown below help to maximize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant messages on your mobile device whenever unusual motion is detected. You can also program cameras to start recording when movements are discovered which will increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your video surveillance to film and save clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- Two-way talk: Most of today’s security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to people via the camera. Through your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re home or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more exhaustive look at an area. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120° coverage or that are able to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up footage of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to notify you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and overlook traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the see unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Lakeland is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system is elevated from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (863) 225-1652 or fill out the form below to begin personalizing your security system today.