Today's home security installations are getting more advanced by the day. With that being said, it’s still easy to fail to do simple security duties like turning on your home security, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you never had to concern yourself with these chores in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Lakeland, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Lakeland For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter along the sides of your property, which you may set up in your smartphone app. This modern home security option then uses your cell phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements use to communicate with each other. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all devices onto a single network. You can then institute a unique boundary around your house and program the specific actions you want to occur as you move beyond the specified border.
To illustrate, when you leave your property, you can program your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can notify your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
These are several of the devices you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your property’s security system in Lakeland. With the security app, you can make the most of automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: set your smart components to operate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to dim to indicate that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific components come alive when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to activate the fan if the fire alarm trips. Or switch on your hallway lighting if your security camera notices abnormal activity in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that function in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks bolt when the day is done. Or customize a scene for TV night with specific lighting and HVAC adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to set the security system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Lakeland
Whether you seek additional certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (863) 225-1652 or submit the form on this page to start designing your optimal security system.